Health.edu++ aims at the implementation and evaluation of health-related good practice physical education lessons. The main question is: “How are health-related good practice lesson examples implemented in physical education?”
Within the Health.eduPLUS project, eleven good practice lesson examples for secondary schools and elementary schools were developed in five cooperative planning groups bases in Erlangen (Prof. Dr. Ralf Sygusch), Bayreuth (Prof. Dr. Susanne Tittlbach) and Augsburg (Prof. Dr. Hans Peter Brandl-Bredenbeck) between 2018 and 2021. However, due to the Corona pandemic, the implementation could not be evaluated so far. The underlying teaching concepts were assessed and revised with the help of physical education teachers. In addition, initial findings (e.g. on the relationship between cognitive activation and physical activity time) have already been obtained in problem-centered interviews on the competence-oriented implementation of the lesson examples.
Health.edu++ (2022) builds on the existing research desiderata of the predecessor project Health.eduPLUS (2018-2021). Thus, the focus is on the concrete testing of the good practice lesson examples developed, which are to be evaluated with the help of a newly developed evaluation tool. Participating sites in the future will be the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg and the Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena.
Three Phases of the Health.edu++ project extension:
- Development of an evaluation tool to operationalize the characteristics of a (health) competency-based physical education.
- Capturing the relationship between cognitive activation and movement time (re-analysis of data material from Health.edu, 2015-18)
- Implementation and evaluation of selected good practice lesson examples at secondary schools in Thuringia.
- Prof. Dr. Ralf Sygusch (Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Department of Sport Science and Sport)
- Dr. Clemens Töpfer (Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Institute of Sports Science)
- Lea Siebenhaar (Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Department of Sport Science and Sport)
- Maleen Butterbrodt (Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Department of Sport Science and Sport)
- Prof. Dr. Julia Hapke (Eberhard Karls University Tübingen, Institute of Sports Science)
- Dr. Sebastian Liebl (Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Department of Sport Science and Sport)
- Schools in Thuringia